Monday, July 30, 2012

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart book review!

This may sound really OCD, but I absolutely love the cover of this book. I love sending letters and receiving them and the basset hound seal really ties it together. Plus I love the color blue. :)

Source

But, the cover does not make the book. Luckily, I really enjoyed it.

The book follows Frankie Landau-Banks (shocker, I know) on her secretive adventures as she spies on her boyfriend and his all-male secret society. Sounds sneaky.

This book has femininity written all across it. The great thing about it is that it's none of that whiny crap a lot of books have these days. What I love about Frankie is that she takes action. I feel like a lot of girl heroines are missing that these days.

Another thing I love is that all this is happening while Frankie is at school. However, unlike most books, the lessons aren't thrown away; they play a real part in the story. I also felt really studious while reading it and liked how Frankie balanced her high-school love life while passing her classes.

I really love this book. Her boyfriend, Matthew, is quite irksome to me, personally. Frankly, even Frankie thinks so. I don't think his 'couldn't-care-less' attitude and the way he looked down to Frankie.

The setting was also a plus for me. I like how the action takes place in school rather than the actually story happening after-hours and on weekends and holidays. Such an amazing book! :) I will definitely read more of E. Lockhart!

That being said, the book was extremely funny, extremely motivating, and extremely elusive...

You can buy it right here on Amazon!

Paperback:




Hardcover:




Kindle:


No comments:

Post a Comment